It is not uncommon for patients of all ages to experience anxiety at the dentist's office. However, nothing should stand between you and the dental care you need.
Advanced Dentistry of Connecticut offers a comprehensive range of general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry services that can be performed while a patient is under sedation. The sedation dentistry options available at our Fairfield practice can help you achieve superior comfort and relaxation during treatment. In fact, you many not remember your treatment at all! Contact our practice today to learn more about sedation dentistry, or to schedule an appointment.
Compassionate, Gentle Care
We provide gentle care to all of our patients, but we understand some patients need special care in order to make their visit to our office pleasant and beneficial. Sedation dentistry helps us to treat:
- Special needs patients
- Patients with painful medical conditions like arthritis, or back or neck injuries
- Patients with dental phobia
- Pediatric patients
- Patients who are especially sensitive to dental treatment, or who have a strong gag reflex
As someone who has struggled firsthand with dental phobia, Dr. Radmand is committed to ensuring his patients' absolute comfort. The first step we take towards this commitment is focusing on patient education. We have found that informed patients not only make better decisions regarding their oral health, but also experience reduced anxiety. We provide ample information on a patient's condition and available treatment options, offering knowledgeable guidance to aid in the decision-making process.
Dr. Radmand is trained in special needs dentistry, and can accommodate patients with a range of needs. From dental phobia to physical disabilities, we are prepared to help you receive the treatment you require. For patients who are unable to receive treatment in a traditional dental office, we work with a team of board-certified anesthesiologists to provide care in a hospital setting, ensuring that our patients are comfortable and relaxed throughout treatment.
At Advanced Dentistry of Connecticut, our patients' comfort is very important to us. We understand visits to the dentist can cause some patients to feel anxious. To help these patients, we offer nitrous oxide sedation, intravenous sedation, and general anesthesia. These treatments can help anxious patients to feel completely relaxed throughout treatment.
Relax Throughout Treatment
Advancements in sedation dentistry now allow us to make your visit to our office supremely relaxing and comfortable. During a consultation with Dr. Radmand, you can learn which sedation method is best for you, based on a number of factors including level of pain tolerance, your unique dental needs, and pre-existing medical conditions.
Available sedation options include:
- Inhaled minimal sedation: Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is combined with oxygen and administered through a face mask. The effects wear off quickly, and patients are able to safely drive themselves home after treatment.
- Oral sedation: Patients take a pill prior to treatment. This helps the patient achieve a state of "twilight sleep," in which the patient is nearly asleep, but still able to respond to commands. You will need a friend or loved one to drive you home after treatment.
- Intravenous (IV) moderate sedation: A sedative is administered through a vein, and can be adjusted throughout treatment. Our practice has worked with a trained anesthesiologist for 20 years. This treatment also requires that you do not drive yourself home from our office.
- Deep sedation and general anesthesia are methods that result in near or complete unconsciousness. Our general anesthesia is administered by a specialist in a hospital setting for continual monitoring.
Learn More About Sedation Dentistry
Anxiety and fear should never keep someone from visiting the dentist. Our warm and welcoming office environment, combined with our highly skilled staff and implementation of cutting-edge dentistry techniques, assures your dental visit will be a pleasurable and rewarding experience. Contact Advanced Dentistry of Connecticut to learn more.