Though metal fillings are effective at treating dental cavities, they can lead to future dental problems. Fortunately, tooth-colored fillings offer a safe and aesthetically appealing option in treating dental decay. Fairfield cosmetic dentist Reza Radmand welcomes patients to schedule a consultation at his practice to see if tooth-colored fillings are right for them. In the meantime, prospective patients can read on to learn about the many benefits of tooth-colored fillings.
Why Choose Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are customized dental restorations made of either porcelain or composite resin. These materials offer many benefits over traditional metal fillings. Here are just a few of the many reasons Fairfield patients are choosing tooth-colored fillings.
- Improved Confidence: Tooth-colored fillings restore the teeth to a beautiful, cavity free appearance. Patients will be able to smile with confidence, knowing their teeth look pristine and metal-free.
- Replace Old Metal Fillings: Old metal fillings can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings to both restore the appearance and the strength of previously treated teeth.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Tooth-colored fillings are more aesthetically pleasing than metal fillings. Tooth-colored fillings blend seamlessly with the surrounding tooth, so no one will notice the patient has had dental treatment!
- Safer for Teeth: Traditionally used silver amalgam has a tendency to expand and contract when in contact with temperature fluctuations. The constant expansion and contraction can put pressure on the tooth, causing it to crack and eventually break. Tooth-colored fillings won't expand and contract, making them safer for the teeth.
- Restored Dental Strength: Because tooth-colored dental fillings are bonded to the teeth, the strength of the teeth is restored.
- Custom Shaded: Each tooth-colored filling is made of porcelain or composite resin, which is custom-shaded to perfectly match the surrounding teeth for seamlessly unnoticeable cavity treatment.
- No Tooth Discoloration: Overtime, silver amalgam metal fillings are known to change the color of the teeth to a grayish tint. Tooth-colored fillings make a better option for cavity treatment, as they will not discolor the teeth.
- Long Lasting: Tooth-colored fillings are durable and long lasting. With proper care, tooth-colored fillings may last as long as 15 years.
- Preserves More of the Tooth: Unlike traditional metal fillings, tooth-colored fillings require minimal amounts of the damaged tooth to be removed for placement. This helps maintain the strength of the tooth and minimizes the likelihood of future breakage.
Alternative Tooth-Colored Treatments
Tooth-colored fillings are not the only treatments available to restore the look of the smile. For patients in Fairfield, dental crowns are a wonderful treatment to restore the look and function of damaged teeth. Dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and dental implants are other great treatments designed to improve the smile and oral health.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
Tooth-colored fillings using porcelain or composite resin can completely transform a patient’s smile and self-confidence. Don't wait any longer! Patients can enjoy the lifelong benefits of a gorgeous smile. Dr. Radmand welcomes patients to schedule a consultation to see which treatments are right for them.